- "Braegen14" is the name of a folder that appeared on the desktop of Scariestthingieversaw.com on Jun 2, 2010
- The folder contains the file
- As outlined in the June 1 update, loading the file from the desktop fails, but executing the file via the text console produces an audio file, downloadable here (MP3)
- The folder likely represents a pair of fourteen-inch "Braegen" disks, which have been known to store audio data for use on PDP-11 computers.
- The mp3 file lasts 9 seconds and contains 9 sounds. It is very similar to the film 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' directed by Steven Spielberg where humanity tries to communicate with the extraterrestials with sounds like these. This connection gets more relevant taking into consideration the fact that JJ Abrams himself said that he was strongly influenced by Steven Spielberg's sci-fis when making this movie.
- ? Braegen 14" disk drives: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soundstream#The_Digital_Editing_System